Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Benedict Cumberbatch to be a father for the second time - report

Published 21/10/2016

Benedict Cumberbatch
Benedict Cumberbatch

Benedict Cumberbatch reportedly announced the news to journalists at the premiere of his new movie Doctor Strange in Los Angeles on Thursday night (20Oct16).

Benedict Cumberbatch's wife is said to be expecting her second child.

The 40-year-old actor was joined by his spouse Sophie Hunter as he attended the premiere of his new movie Doctor Strange in Los Angeles on Thursday night (20Oct16).

At the event, Benedict shared with journalists that he and Sophie are expecting another baby, U.S. news outlet Just Jared report. This comes after E! News reported earlier in the evening that the couple are set to become parents for the second time.

Benedict and Sophie are already parents to 16-month-old son Christopher.

Announcing the arrival of the tot in June, 2015, the pair said in a statement: "Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter are delighted to announce the arrival of their beautiful son. We would kindly ask everyone to respect the family's privacy during these next few precious weeks."

British actor Benedict looked dapper in a dark velvet suit and tie for Thursday night's premiere, while Sophie concealed her figure in a strapless, draped dress.

The pregnancy news comes after Benedict opened up about wanting more children during an interview on U.K. television programme The Graham Norton Show last year (15).

"I've become a father and a husband, and in the right order – just! I might go for a Cumber-batch of boys!" he said, before adding of parenthood: "It's everything. I have a new life form that needs his father's help in the world and his mother needs a little help once in a while.

"It's what being a parent is about so it's not an excuse to get away from what I am doing, it's what I ought to be doing and after three and half hours of Hamlet I think that's okay."

© Cover Media

Online Editors

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph