Belfast Telegraph

Monday 3 August 2015

Berry barred from moving daughter to France

Published 10/11/2012 | 01:00

Halle Berry
Halle Berry

Halle Berry has been banned from moving to France with her daughter, according to reports.

The actress has been in a legal dispute with ex-partner Gabriel Aubry over the custody of their four-year-old for several months.

Halle, who is engaged to French actor Olivier Martinez, is said to have argued the country's strict privacy laws would benefit Nahla by keeping her out of the public eye.

Gabriel fought the move in court.

According to TMZ, a judge ruled Halle cannot permanently move to France.

The full details of the ruling are unclear.

Halle opened up about her custody battle last year. She insisted she never wanted to remove Gabriel from Nahla's life.

"We both know a child needs both her parents," she told US television programme Extra. "But what I want to say about it is sometimes, as a couple, you reach an impasse. We needed a court and a judge to help us work out some of the delicate issues, and I'm so happy we've arrived at that place."

Halle and Gabriel split in 2010 after five years together.

She began dating Olivier later that year and the couple became engaged in March. They currently reside in Los Angeles.

© Cover Media

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph