Britney denies bodyguard claims
Britney Spears has denied child abuse and sexual harassment allegations levelled at the singer by her bodyguard.
Fernando Flores sued Britney on Wednesday claiming sexual harassment and intentional infliction of emotional distress. His lawsuit claims she repeatedly exposed herself to him and that he witnessed her punish her young sons with his belt and act inappropriately in front of them.
A statement posted on the star's website said she and her lawyers expect the case to be dismissed, and the Department of Children and Families took no action after investigating the allegations.
The statement said: "This lawsuit is another unfortunate situation where someone is trying to take advantage of the Spears family and make a name for himself. The Department of Children and Family Services conducted a proper investigation surrounding Mr Flores' accusations and have closed the case without any further action. Ms Spears and her attorneys have every expectation that this matter will be dismissed by the courts.
A lawyer for ex-husband, Kevin Federline, said Flores' allegations of children abuse are "baseless" and appeared to be motivated by money.
K-Fed's attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan said that Flores' accusations had been looked into before the suit was filed and warranted no action. He said Federline takes any allegations of abuse or wrongdoing regarding the former couple's children seriously.
"He is satisfied that the allegations are a product of economic motives," Kaplan said. "They are as baseless as they seem."
Federline has custody of the former couple's sons, Sean Preston and Jayden James, but Spears has substantial visitation with the boys.
Kaplan said if Federline believed the children were in danger, he would have stepped in already.
The first hearing in the case is scheduled for January.