Bruce Springsteen 'the Boss' of celebrity autobiography sales, says Amazon.co.uk
Bruce Springsteen has seen off Phil Collins in the race for the bestselling autobiography this Christmas, according to figures from Amazon.co.uk.
The music giant's story, titled Born To Run, has topped celebrity autobiography sales across the retailer's hardback, paperback, and Kindle editions, with readers so far scoring it an average 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Not Dead Yet, the memoirs of fellow musician Phil Collins, comes in at second place, followed by Great British Bake Off host Sue Perkins' book Spectacles.
Tales of sporting celebrities have also made the list, such as retired motorsport star Damon Hill marking the 20th anniversary of his 1996 Formula One Championship victory with Watching The Wheels: My Autobiography.
Motorcycle racer and TV presenter Guy Martin is in the top 10 with Worms To Catch, and footballer Joey Barton enters the list with No Nonsense: The Autobiography.
Life stories from Big Brother's Davina McCall, reality TV star Katie Price, Breaking Bad actor Bryan Cranston and politician Ken Clarke round out the eclectic list.
Amazon.co.uk books director Dan Mucha said: "From the stage to the stadium, celebrity tales transport us into a world few of us can experience first-hand.
"This year, off the back of his global tour, Bruce Springsteen's appeal shows no signs of slowing."
The top 10 bestselling celebrity autobiographies since September 1 on Amazon.co.uk are:
1. Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen
2. Not Dead Yet: The Autobiography by Phil Collins
3. Spectacles by Sue Perkins
4. Guy Martin: Worms To Catch by Guy Martin
5. Watching The Wheels: My Autobiography by Damon Hill
6. Kind Of Blue: A Political Memoir by Ken Clarke
7. Lessons I've Learned by Davina McCall
8. No Nonsense: The Autobiography by Joey Barton
9. Reborn by Katie Price
10. A Life In Parts by Bryan Cranston