Belfast Telegraph

Bynes 'home for Xmas'

Amanda Bynes will apparently be allowed home next month, following her treatment after being placed under an involuntary psychiatric order in July.

The actress was placed under an involuntary psychiatric order in July following a string of worrying incidents. In September she moved to a rehab facility in Miami, where she is still receiving treatment.

The 27-year-old star is reportedly being treated for schizophrenia and at one time it was suggested she may be hospitalised for another year. However, she is said to be making good progress at her new facility, reportedly The Canyon, and so will likely be allowed home next month.

"Amanda's meds and psychological counselling have sufficiently stabilised her so her doctors will let her leave the Malibu rehab facility where she's been held since September," reports TMZ.

Amanda moved from the UCLA Medical Center to rehab on the advice of medics, her parents Rick and Lynn Bynes previously confirmed.

It's suggested she struggled to settle at the hospital, which was hampering the speed of her recovery.

Although she is doing better in rehab, things are still not easy for the star. As so many paparazzi are gathered outside the clinic she can't go outside and staff are apparently concerned an image of another patient might be made public, flouting their right to anonymity.

Amanda will apparently be released into her mother's care, as Lynn has been awarded a mental health conservatorship over her daughter. It means she will make decisions on behalf of the actress until she is well enough to have control again.

Lynn has reportedly agreed to supervise the star when she checks out of treatment and will look after her at their family home.

Amanda was placed under a 5150 hold after she started a fire in a residential driveway in Thousand Oaks, California. It was the latest in a string of bizarre incidents, including the actress getting arrested after apparently throwing a bong out of a New York City apartment window. In September, her lawyer asked for a postponement of up to 18 months in the case while the star receives professional care.

© Cover Media


From Belfast Telegraph