Charlie Sheen ‘ate bad clams’
Charlie Sheen’s representative has provided a simple answer as to why his client was temporarily hospitalised on Monday.
The 49-year-old Platoon actor was hospitalised on Monday and many speculated he may have sought medical treatment stemming from the use of drugs.
But Charlie’s spokesperson has denied these rumours, claiming the star was treated for a “severe case of food poisoning” only.
"It was clams, bad clams," his publicist Jeffrey Ballard told Us Weekly magazine. "Nothing too exciting."
Jeffrey explained his client had seafood delivered to his house, became ill after eating it, then chose to visit the hospital “just to be on the safe side”.
Charlie spent less than two hours being treated by doctors for food poisoning.
“They checked him out, hydrated him and sent him on his way,” Jeffrey detailed. “He was back home in bed 90 minutes later.”
Charlie is normally very active on Twitter, but he didn’t post anything on the micro-blogging site until the evening of Tuesday June 9.
And when he did decide to communicate with fans online, the star did not refer to his recent bout with illness.
“King James, plz do (with ure inimitable genius) what ‘we’ could not do! I respect GS However, they ain't ‘YOU’ © #LbJ (sic),” Charlie wrote on his MobyPicture account, a message which was also shared on his Twitter profile.
The star’s ‘King James’ online post was attached to an image featuring a baseball hat, a baseball, a photograph and a ticket encased in glass. These items appeared to be enshrined on some type of an altar.
Charlie spent a lot of time in the news when he was dropped from Two and a Half Men in 2011 after a bust up with the show's creator, Chuck Lorre. He was also thought to be using drugs at that time.
© Cover Media