Belfast Telegraph

Desperate Housewives case continues

A judge has refused to dismiss actress Nicollette Sheridan's lawsuit over the demise of her role in TV drama Desperate Housewives.

City News Service said Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Elizabeth Allen White urged the parties to continue settlement talks but set a new trial for September 10.

A jury was deadlocked 8-4 in favour of Nicollette's claim after a trial last month.

Nicollette sued ABC/Disney and series creator Marc Cherry for six million US dollars (£3.8 million) for wrongful termination after her character, Edie Britt, was killed off in a 2008 episode. She is seeking punitive damages.

The actress claimed her role was eliminated because she complained that Cherry struck her in the head during an on-set dispute.

Cherry said he merely tapped her on the head for artistic direction and the character's death was a creative decision.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph