Belfast Telegraph

Doctors 'delighted' with Eamonn Holmes' progress one year after double hip operation

Doctors have told TV presenter Eamonn Holmes they are 'delighted' with his progress one year after he underwent a double hip operation.

The Belfast man had the surgery in 2016 after suffering what he described as "25 years of agony".

Taking to Twitter on Wednesday, Eamonn (57) told his followers: "Just had my year on review for my hip Replacements.

"Everyone delighted with my progress and healing - esp me! Now it's time to use them."

At the time of his operation Eamonn was still presenting the Sunrise programme on Sky News as well as his Friday stint on This Morning with wife Ruth Langsford.

He took a 10 week break from the front of the camera following the surgery in order to recover, but he and Ruth kept fans updated on his progress throughout.

The star had been suffering from hip pains from as early as his 20s.

Following the operation, he said: "I stand straighter, am an inch taller, can touch my toes and sit without pain."

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph