Belfast Telegraph

Drake struck down with food poisoning - report

The star's fans in Amsterdam were not impressed with the latest cancellation.

A bad case of food poisoning reportedly sent Drake to the hospital on Monday (27Mar17) after having to cancel his concert in the Netherlands at late notice.

The Jumpman hitmaker had been due to perform for fans in Amsterdam on Monday night, but the show, which had already been rescheduled twice, was abruptly called off moments before he was set to hit the stage.

A promoter stepped up to the microphone to explain Drake was too sick to perform, prompting a chorus of boos from the frustrated concertgoers, some of whom also hurled trash at the stage.

Now sources tell TMZ.com the rapper had been struck down with extreme food poisoning after eating some bad sushi earlier in the day.

His stomach pains allegedly became so unbearable, he had to seek emergency medical treatment, and his doctor advised him to rest up, causing the star to axe the gig.

Drake is expected to make it up to fans by finally hitting the stage on Wednesday (29Mar17).

The Amsterdam date had originally been set to kick start the Canadian's European tour on 20 January (17), before it was moved back to 26 January (17) due to production delays. It was postponed again to 27 March (17), before the latest change of plans.

A representative for event organiser Mojo Concerts was tasked with breaking the news to the angry crowd at the Ziggo Dome on Monday night.

"I'm really sorry to tell you that tonight's show cannot take place," she said. "Drake got sick. His doctor told him not to perform. Tickets will stay valid for the show on Wednesday as he wishes to bring his fans the best show in the world."

Drake has yet to personally comment on the cancellation.

© Cover Media

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph