Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Giuliana Rancic: E! exit rumours are absurd

Published 11/07/2015

Giuliana Rancic
Giuliana Rancic

Giuliana Rancic says leaving E! News was “100 per cent” her decision, a choice that has been brewing for several years.

The 40-year-old star became an anchor of the entertainment TV show in 2005 and the journalist confirmed earlier this month she’ll be leaving the programme in weeks, with her last broadcast taking place August 10.

Speculation arose Giuliana decided to leave her post due to a feud with Maria Menounos, but she claims this can’t be further from the truth.

"They're absurd," Giuliana told People magazine of the Maria rumours. "I've never had a feud or drama with any of my E! News hosts or co-hosts, and there certainly isn't one now. There is no feud. It takes two to feud, and I'm not feuding!"

Giuliana claims she has wanted to move on from E! for quite some time now.

In fact, she delayed her departure due to the channel’s eagerness to keep her.

"It was 100 per cent my decision to leave. I brought up the idea to leave three years ago, but E! News kept extending me because they wanted me to stay,” she explained.

"I took on a challenge 14 years ago. I was a young reporter, and E! News was my dream job. It's been an incredible journey. But after 14 years, I have nothing else to accomplish on the show. I want to grow as a person, as a businesswoman, as a host, and in order for me to grow, I need to take on a new venture and new challenges."

A few months ago Giuliana received criticism for joking about Zendaya’s hairstyle at the Oscars, noting the young actress smelt of "weed" and “patchouli oil” on the red carpet. The gag sparked outrage and was the catalyst for Kelly Osbourne and Kathy Griffin leaving Fashion Police.

But Giuliana insists the controversy “has nothing to do with” her E! News departure.

"I had this plan way before. And E! has been incredibly supportive and gracious,” she said.

© Cover Media

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting?

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph