Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Giuliana Rancic leaving E! News

Published 09/07/2015

Giuliana Rancic
Giuliana Rancic

Giuliana Rancic will leave her role as an E! News anchor in August.

The 40-year-old star became an anchor of the entertainment TV show in 2005, but has confirmed she is parting ways with the programme. She will still be involved with some of E!’s output though, including Fashion Police and Live From the Red Carpet.

“For more than a decade, I was fortunate enough to play a role in the success of E! News and will miss my family at the show,” she said in a statement. “At the same time, I am excited to not only continue as host of two major franchises on E! but also executive produce the aspirational new show Rich in Faith for Oxygen as well as take my wine and clothing lines to the next level. This is such a thrilling time for me and I thank the gang at E! for understanding my desire to embark on this next chapter in my life.”

Giuliana leaves the show on August 10.

The news comes after a difficult year for the star, which saw her repeatedly slammed for contentious comments she made about Zendaya’s Oscars look during a Fashion Police show. The 18-year-old star wore her hair in dreadlocks for the event, prompting Giuliana to joke she looked as if she smelt of “patchouli oil or weed”. Many took this as a racist comment, with Giuliana’s co-host Kelly Osbourne among the outraged.

She eventually left the show, with Kathy Griffin – who had been brought in to replace the late Joan Rivers just months earlier – following suit a little later.

Giuliana has insisted she didn’t mean any offence and publicly apologised over Twitter, saying she was only referring to Zendaya’s “bohemian chic” look.

The TV host has also seen widespread gossip about her slim frame. In April she told People that she finds the remarks hurtful, not least because she isn’t happy with how slim she is. Her figure is the result of medication she takes following her battle with breast cancer.

© Cover Media

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph