Gleb Savchenko offered big pay cheque for Dancing With The Stars - report
Former Strictly Come Dancing professional Gleb Savchenko is heading to the U.S. for a role on Dancing With The Stars.
Gleb Savchenko has reportedly accepted a big money offer to appear on Dancing With The Stars.
The 32-year-old Russian dancer broke millions of hearts when he announced earlier this year (16) that he was quitting Strictly Come Dancing after just one year as a professional on the BBC show. He said at the time that he was leaving to spend more time with his family, but now it has been claimed that Gleb has signed a deal to strut his stuff on the U.S. talent show.
According to The Sun newspaper, Gleb, wife Elena and daughter Olivia are currently finalising plans to move to Los Angeles ahead of the new series of Dancing With The Stars (DWTS) kicking off next month (Sep16).
"Producers in the U.S. offered Gleb a deal which was too good to refuse and he jumped at the chance to take it," a source told the publication.
"As well as a hefty pay cheque, they’re sorting his living arrangements and education for his family. His wife and daughter are his top priorities but producers assured him they would take good care of them so taking the job was a real no-brainer."
Gleb is no stranger to the series, having previously competed on it in 2013 with The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Lisa Vanderpump.
He has also competed on the Russian and Australian versions of the show, but left each programme after just a year.
The Sun adds an announcement about Gleb's role on DWTS will come at an event in Los Angeles on Thursday night (18Aug16).
Speaking about his departure from Strictly back in June (16), Gleb said he struggled to be away from his family, explaining: "When I was on Strictly it was really, really difficult. I was missing out on so much and I didn’t get to see my daughter for six months out of the whole year."
© Cover Media
Belfast Telegraph Digital