Greene’s house fire ‘caused by candle’
Published 23/03/2013 | 00:00
Ashley Greene’s devastating house fire was sparked by an unattended candle that engulfed her Los Angeles home on Friday, according to a new report.
The 26-year-old Twilight actress’ West Hollywood, California condo was engulfed in flames on Friday.
One of Ashley’s two dogs died in the blaze and three people reportedly sustained minor injuries after escaping from the historic Granville building where she resided.
A fireman previously told TMZ the inferno began on a sofa while a neighbour reported hearing gas explode before seeing flames.
Law enforcement sources now tell the website an unattended candle was the cause.
A preliminary investigation has concluded the candle lit the living room sofa on fire and flames quickly spread through the rest of the home, according to the website.
Ashley, her boyfriend and her brother were reportedly sleeping at the residence when the fire started.
The actress and her brother are not believed to be among the three individuals reported injured. The wounded parties reportedly refused to go to the emergency room for treatment.
An eyewitness indicated Ashley looked “distraught” and “covered in soot” as she spoke to fire officials in the lobby of the seven-story building in an earlier report.
A spokesperson for the actress has yet to issue comment.
© Cover Media