Harrison Ford 'out of hospital'
Harrison Ford has been spotted driving around Los Angeles following his plane crash earlier this month.
The 72-year-old actor has been receiving treatment after he was involved in a plane crash on March 5. He was piloting a vintage World War II plane when it came down on a golf course, leaving him with a big cut on his head as well as a broken pelvis and ankle, according to KTLA.
People magazine now reports he has left hospital, as he was seen driving around Los Angeles on Saturday. Things aren't quite back to normal as he has reportedly been told to get lots of rest at home, and the star will require physical therapy to help his injuries heal properly.
"The therapy is primarily stabilisation exercises and also gait training, like actually getting the patient up and moving again – pretty much just leaving how to walk while minimising the main," explained Dr. Beny Charchian, Founder of the Joint and Spine Institute in Beverly Hills, who has not treated Ford.
Harrison took off from Santa Monica Airport in his 1942 Ryan Aeronautical ST3KR plane, but the engine failed and he crash landed on Penmar Golf Course in Venice.
At the time there were contrasting reports about his injuries, with one source stating to People magazine that he had a head wound which was the size "of a pancake". His son Ben later took to Twitter to reassure fans the star was doing well, with Harrison's representative also releasing a statement.
"Harrison was flying a WW II vintage plane today which had engine trouble upon take off," the spokesperson said. "He had no other choice but to make an emergency landing, which he did safely. He was banged up and is in the hospital receiving medical care. The injuries sustained are not life threatening, and he is expected to make a full recovery."
© Cover Media