Harry Styles addresses solo rumours
Harry Styles has claimed he’s primarily focusing on his professional commitments with One Direction right now.
The 21-year-old pop star is part of boyband One Direction, which is also comprised of Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson.
Former member Zayn Malik decided to leave the group in March and his departure sparked speculation One Direction might disintegrate to pursue individual efforts, but Harry claims he’s not going solo anytime soon.
“We have the album and the tour that we’re working on right now. I think when you have so many goals that you feel like you have yet to achieve, it’s hard to kind of see past those,” he told Ryan Seacrest Thursday June 4 during a phone chat on the presenter’s radio show. “It’s important to kind of focus on what’s going on and don’t kind of lose track. So we’re all working hard towards the same thing right now, and I don’t think we’re thinking much past that. We’re just having a lot of fun and we’re working hard and we’re having a good time.”
One Direction is hard at work penning songs for their upcoming fifth studio album.
And Harry reveals the writing process has altered due to Zayn’s exit.
“It’s definitely been fun for us writing to see what’s been different just kind of naturally,” he detailed. “But it was cool how some of the things came out sounding because actually there was a lot of parts that kind of needs to get written with Zayn in mind and with all of us in mind. It’s great, the new stuff sounds good so far, I think. We hope that people like it.”
Harry said new music from the group will likely be released “toward the end of the year”.
One Direction will recommence their On the Road Again Tour in Cardiff, Wales this Friday June 5. They’ll be performing concerts in Europe and North America until their final date in Sheffield, England on October 31.
© Cover Media