Belfast Telegraph

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Harry Styles 'is stranger to 1D'

Harry Styles

Harry Styles is reportedly acting like is "isn't part" of One Direction.

The 20-year-old heartthrob is joined by Zayn Malik, Louis Tomlinson, Liam Payne and Niall Horan in the hit boyband.

Last month they picked up three titles at the 2014 BRIT Awards, including the Global Success Award. When accepting the gong Harry appeared on stage late, claiming he had been in the toilet as their name was announced.

Since the event, the other members are allegedly worried Harry has plans to go solo. This reportedly stems from the curly-haired lothario's lack of contact with his bandmates.

“There were a couple of the lads who thought Harry did it on purpose just to get all the attention,” an insider told British newspaper The Daily Star of Harry's late appearance at the BRITs.

“It’s as if Harry isn’t part of the group. It’s going to come to a head now because for the first time in months they are going to be spending every day together as they rehearse for this summer’s tour."

Because of Harry's distant behaviour, the rest of the boys are thought to want confirmation about his being a part of the group. They are also said to fear him using them to benefit his own fame.

“The boys want reassurances from Harry that he’s in the group for the long haul. They won’t let him just use them for his own career ambitions. They want to know what’s really going on," the insider added.

Harry has been spending a lot of time in the US recently. These visits are believed to be because of his rumoured relationship with reality star and model Kendall Jenner, the half-sister of Kim Kardashian.

The distance is thought to have created tension in One Direction, which may make it difficult when he rejoins them.

“It’s like he has two separate lives now. One in America and his work with the band. Now he’s going to come back in and act like they are all best mates again? It’s unlikely!” the insider concluded.

© Cover Media

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Latest Entertainment News

Latest Music News

Latest Film & TV News

Latest Eating Out News