Iglesias undergoes reconstructive hand surgery
Enrique Iglesias appreciates the “wishes and prayers” of his fans after slicing his fingers open during a concert at the weekend.
The Hero singer sliced his fingers open after grabbing a drone during his concert in Tijuana, Mexico, on Saturday. And on Monday, his rep confirmed that the 40-year-old was receiving further medical treatment for his injuries.
“Thank you to all for your concern and good wishes. Enrique is currently undergoing reconstructive hand surgery today,” the statement read according to The Associated Press. “Enrique will resume his tour July 3rd in Mexico City. We appreciate all your wishes and prayers.”
Enrique was “semi-treated” at the side of the stage on the night and continued to perform his hits as part of his Love and Sex World Tour for his adoring fans for a further 30 minutes before being advised to end his show.
Fans were quick to take to social media to post photos of the singer with blood all over his white t-shirt and a bandaged hand. Once the concert had ended, Enrique was rushed to Los Angeles to see a specialist.
Enrique loves being on the road and still enjoys travelling the world to perform for his fans even after 20 years in the industry. The star told Billboard last year that he is thankful for the opportunities that come his way after never knowing as a youngster if his musical ambitions would come true.
“I never really shared [my music] with anyone. I felt like it wouldn't happen and I would have too many people with their opinions," he said. "There are people who say, 'Do you think you would be in music if your dad [Julio Inglesias] was not a singer?' If I were to bet on it, maybe not.”
© Cover Media