Jackman denies $100m deal
Hugh Jackman has denied signing a $100 million contract for The Wolverine sequels.
The Wolverine actor has denied signing a $100 million contract to complete four more films starring the comic book superhero.
He insists he doesn’t go for large sum deals without considering what’s best for him and followers of the Marvel flicks.
“No it’s not true,” Jackman told Entertainment Weekly of the supposed agreement.
“I would never do that. I’ve never done that mainly because, for the fans and for me, each time I’ve gone around there’s been a really good reason to do it and I don’t know what that reason is from here.”
X-Men: Days of Future Past is due for release in the United States on May 23, 2014, and the Australian-born star will also appear in that.
He is currently devoting his attention to completing that movie in Montreal, Canada.
“I’m in the middle of making this and I just promoted the other and I’m really happy with the way The Wolverine came out,” he continued.
The Wolverine was released July 28 in America and has grossed $307 million worldwide.
Having now made five flicks as the clawed mutant, the 44-year-old actor has portrayed Wolverine/Logan longer and more often than any other actor.
However his current deal with Fox Studios is about to expire and Jackman insists it’s not a given that he’ll make another.
“I’m not sure. I wasn’t even sure after the first [stand-alone] film if I would do another,” he said earlier this year about a possible return. “I won’t say never, because I’m still loving it. But there would have to be a pretty compelling reason.”
This year Jackman played Davis in Movie 43’s The Catch segment.
He has also completed the part of Keller Dover in Prisoners.
© Cover Media