Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

JLaw ‘hiding out in Boston’

Published 13/04/2015

Jennifer Lawrence
Jennifer Lawrence

Jennifer Lawrence is supposedly trying to maintain an extremely low profile while filming her forthcoming movie Joy on the East Coast.

The 24-year-old Academy Award-winning actress is currently shooting Joy in the East Coast city.

And according to insiders, Jennifer is doing her best to remain out of sight while she’s in Massachusetts.

People magazine reports she booked it on Saturday after noticing a large crowd of fans gathered at a Verizon store for a meet-and-greet event with Donnie Wahlberg.

"She scurried into Lord and Taylor so she wouldn't be spotted," an alleged bystander told the publication, noting her bodyguard was in tow at the time.

The Verizon store fleeing incident is said to have taken place while she was out enjoying a leisurely stroll in the Back Bay neighbourhood of Boston, where Jennifer is said to be residing while she films Joy.

Later Saturday night, Jennifer decided to have Chinese food at famous eatery Gourmet Dumpling House in the Chinatown area of Boston.

Apparently she declined to take photos with eager fans while dining on chicken fried rice, dumplings, beer and spring rolls.

"There was a lot of talking [at her table]," a purported restaurant employee noted. "We weren't able to approach her too much."

Jennifer spent most of last week shooting scenes at the Hawthorne Hotel in Salem, Massachusetts, a town located about 20 miles north of Boston.

And it’s claimed even though fans attempted to see her while at the famous lodging facility, they were completely out of luck.

"It was locked down tighter than Fort Knox," a source said. "Once she went in there, she just stayed in there for 14 hours."

Jennifer is reteaming with a host of colleagues in Joy, including director David O. Russell and co-stars Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro.

© Cover Media

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph