Jonas Brothers split
The Jonas Brothers say it was a “unanimous” decision for them to go their separate ways.
Earlier this month the American group - comprised of siblings Nick, 21, Joe, 24, and Kevin, 25 – cancelled their planned tour. Since then speculation has been rife about the future of the band, with the boys now revealing they are going their separate ways.
"It's over for now," Kevin told People.
Joe insists that the brothers were “unanimous” in their decision to pursue new career paths.
While the musical trio have no plans to work together at the moment, they are refusing to rule out a reunion in the future.
"It's really hard to say 'forever’," Nick explained. "We're closing a chapter, for sure."
The brothers seemingly met up on October 3 to discuss their future. During this heart-to-heart, Nick confessed that he was feeling unhappy being in the group.
"I was feeling kind of trapped," he said. "I needed to share my heart with my brothers."
The Jonas Brothers cancelled their tour just two days before it was set to begin on October 11.
It soon became clear that the brothers were having serious problems.
"There is a deep rift within the band," spokesman Jesse Derris told People. "There was a big a disagreement over their music direction."
The brothers, who sold over 20 million albums worldwide, have been working on individual projects over the last few years.
Kevin and his wife Danielle had a reality show called Married to Jonas and are expecting their first baby, while Nick and Joe tried their hand at acting and releasing solo albums.
Just last week, Nick urged fans to be patient while they tried to work out their differences.
“Bear with us,” he wrote on Twitter.
“please hold while we get our sh*t together (sic),” Joe wrote just moments later.
© Cover Media