Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Keith Richards: New Stones music on the way!

Published 16/09/2015

Keith Richards
Keith Richards

Keith Richards claims he has managed to convince his the Rolling Stones bandmates to create their 30th studio album.

(Cover) - EN Showbiz - Keith Richards has revealed the Rolling Stones have “definite plans” to record new music.

The 71-year-old rocker is currently promoting his album Crosseyed Heart, which sees its official release on September 18.

But fortunately for fans of the Rolling Stones, it seems the legendary band are also due to create a fresh offering.

“I was in London last week and the boys and I got together,” Keith told host Jim Kerr in an interview with iHeartRadio ICONS. “And there are now definite plans to record.”

Should the Rolling Stones record an entirely new LP, the album would be their 30th studio release.

Keith previously spoke with Entertainment Weekly about the band’s potential recording schedule.

“I’m trying to get the Stones into the studio,” he said. “But I don’t quite honestly see it happen this year. After we do South America in February and March, I’d love to get in the studio in April. But I know what those guys are like. When they finish a tour, they don’t want to do nothing! [Laughs]”

Keith’s solo effort Crosseyed Heart is his first in 23 years.

But even though he is focusing on promoting his personal work right now, he’ll never turn his back on the Rolling Stones.

“I only do it when the Stones go into hibernation. Unfortunately, as I was recording this and had just finished it, the Stones came out of hibernation,” he laughed to Entertainment Weekly about finally having the time to record a solo album. “I had it sort of sitting back there for a couple of years, waiting for the right time. Why should I clash with myself, you know? It was looking for the right spot and the right time. Because, when the Stones work, you know, hey, that’s my numero uno!”

© Cover Media

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph