Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Kelly Osbourne finds new fashion TV home

Published 23/07/2015

Kelly Osbourne
Kelly Osbourne

Kelly Osbourne has landed her first major gig after infamously quitting E! chat show Fashion Police in February.

The 30-year-old presenter made the difficult decision to leave the programme after an outraged public deemed Giuliana Rancic’s comments about Zendaya’s dreadlocked hair at the Oscars racist.

But she has finally moved on from the scandal by landing a new gig on a whole new series.

“I'm so excited to finally announce that I've joined the incredible #ProjectRunwayJunior family! We just had the best first day ever!” Kelly wrote on her Instagram account Thursday in a caption attached a photo of herself posing alongside co-judges Christian Siriano, Aya Kanai and the show’s host Hannah Davis.

Project Runway Junior is a spin-off of the hit fashion reality TV competition Project Runway. The Junior series will showcase the talents of very young designers who range between the ages of 14 and 17.

The latest TV show was greenlit in June and is set to debut this fall. Project Runway Junior came about after Project Runway anchor Heidi Klum expressed interest in a youth-oriented version of the programme due to inspiration from her own children.

Tim Gunn is co-hosting Project Runway Junior with supermodel Hannah.

The fifth season of Project Runway All Stars and the Project Runway Junior debut will air on Lifetime Network in the coming months.

Even though Kelly has previously admitted leaving her post at Fashion Police was a challenge, the star said she enjoyed every moment she spent under the tutelage of her former co-host Joan Rivers, a comedic entertainment icon who passed away in September 2014.

“I will always, always love, love, love the time I spent working with Joan [Rivers] and George [Kotsiopoulos] and [Joan’s daughter] Melissa," Kelly told People magazine. "They're the most incredible people. They're still part of my family."

© Cover Media

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting?

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph