Belfast Telegraph

Saturday 25 October 2014

Liam Payne’s home blaze

Liam Payne

Liam Payne’s apartment patio reportedly went up in flames due to a gas lamp accident which injured three people.

The penthouse balcony of the 20-year-old’s £2 million East London residence apparently caught fire while a gas lamp was being refueled at approximately 9.45pm.

“His friend went to fill up the gas for a heating lamp, there was some sort of accident and the whole balcony went up in flames,” a source told British newspaper the Daily Mirror.

Liam is believed to have hopped in an ambulance with his buddies following the explosion.

One man was allegedly hospitalised with burns covering 20 per cent of his hands and face. Another man and a woman are said to have suffered superficial burns to their hands.

A spokesperson for Liam has not confirmed whether or not the star was injured, although the Mirror reports he was inside the residence when the fire occurred, engulfing 80 per cent of his veranda.

Thirty-five firefighters reportedly extinguished the flames and evacuated residents on the block of the Canary Wharf building where the incident occurred.

“Firefighters worked quickly and professionally to get the fire under control as quickly as possible,” Station Manager Laurie Kenny said.

“About 30 people left the building before we arrived and were not injured. Two of the occupants had superficial burns to their hands and the third had burns to his hands and face. All three have been taken to hospital,” she confirmed.

Earlier in the day, Liam filmed a music video with his bandmates Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson.

Building staff have reportedly refused to discuss details of the fire with the Mirror. However, residents opened up about their experiences.

“There were a lot of sirens, fire engines turned up, police turned up down below us,” one neighbor shared.

“I looked over at the balcony and saw that they were running into the building. The sirens had been going on for a while before I took any notice of them. I went out to the corridor, heard people in the stairwell so I checked and there were firemen there.”

The resident said emergency services were swift with settling the situation.

“They said there was a fire but it was under control so there was nothing to worry about,” the insider continued. “They were there very quickly and got it under control.”

© Cover Media

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Nightlife Galleries

More

Latest Entertainment News

Latest Music News

Latest Film & TV News

Latest Eating Out News

Horoscopes

Your Horoscopes by Russell Grant

Scorpio:

Don't deny yourself pleasure. It's important to indulge your sensual side. When you don't, you become irritable. Take this opportunity to splash out on new clothes. Soak in a scented bath. Get a massage. Enjoy a long nap. Do whatever your heart desires. If anyone dares complain you aren't working hard enough, maintain a stony silence. You're incredibly intimidating, especially when you're quiet. Anyone who has become too reliant on you needs to be more self sufficient.More