Lindsay Lohan will not be prosecuted for a burglary at a home where she had been a guest.
The decision by prosecutors came after Los Angeles police presented a potential felony burglary case against the troubled actress and two men who were reportedly at the Hollywood Hills home of a long-time acquaintance after several items went missing.
Prosecutors cited lack of evidence to prove the Mean Girls star was involved in the thefts at the home earlier this month. The items taken were described as keys, cash, sunglasses and a credit card holder.
The homeowner, businessman Sam Magid, is an acquaintance of Li-Lo, 26, and later told authorities that he did not want to pursue a case.
"Lindsay is glad this matter has been cleared up so she can focus on her upcoming projects," her spokesman Steve Honig said.
One of the men police interviewed was Lindsay's assistant, who told authorities that he, the actress and another man went into the home early on August 18. Some items were taken, but the assistant refused to say who stole them, according to a memo rejecting the charges.
"We do not have sufficient evidence to prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt," the prosecution memo states. The document also noted that none of the missing items were found in the possession of Lindsay or the two men who were believed to be at the house on the day of the burglary.
Police say their investigation into the thefts will continue.
Lindsay remains on probation for a 2011 case in which she pleaded no contest to taking a 2,500-dollar (£1,580) necklace without permission.
After completing a strict counselling and mortuary clean-up duty programme, the star no longer has to report to a judge, but faces jail if she is charged with another crime.