Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Louise Redknapp 'signs up for Strictly Come Dancing'

Published 04/07/2016

Louise Redknapp
Louise Redknapp

Louise Redknapp has apparently finally agreed to take part in Strictly Come Dancing, after being courted by bosses for years.

Louise Redknapp has reportedly signed up to star in the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.

The 41-year-old former Eternal singer has apparently been courted by bosses of the BBC show for the past few years. But it's only this year that the mother-of-two, who is married to ex England footballer Jamie Redknapp, has finally agreed to compete for the Glitterball trophy.

"Louise has been top of the Strictly hit list for years. She’s a huge star and they feel she will bring class and glamour," a source told The Sun newspaper.

"They’re absolutely thrilled they’ve finally got her. She grew up singing and dancing, which will stand her in good stead when the rehearsals and training kick in after the summer.”

Louise will have some tough competition though if she wants to emerge victorious when the show kicks off in September (16). It was revealed on Sunday (03Jul16) that American singer Anastacia has also signed up for the programme, and is hoping that an appearance on the much-loved series will help relaunch her music career in the U.K.

"Anastacia is on tour at the moment but she is incredibly excited about appearing on Strictly in a few months’ time," a source close to the singer told The Sun on Sunday.

"BBC bosses are also very pleased to have her on board, as they are sure the British public will really warm to her."

ITV's sharp-tongued Judge Rinder, I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here Now presenter Laura Whitmore and journalist Angellica Bell are also thought to be among the 2016 competitors.

But one person who won't be joining Louise on the dance floor is her sportsman spouse Jamie, who said previously that he would "rather eat my own hand" than take part in the competition.

© Cover Media

Online Editors

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting?

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph