Belfast Telegraph

Mark Wright prefers 'elegant look'

Mark Wright has insisted he is keeping his pecs strictly under wraps on the dancefloor, after baring his chest proved such a disaster on Strictly Come Dancing.

The former The Only Way Is Essex star had his shirt ripped open by a dancing girl while performing the salsa to Elvis Presley's Viva Las Vegas with professional partner Karen Hauer on last week's show.

But after landing in the dance-off against Casualty actress Sunetra Sarker - who ended up being sent home - Wright is keeping covered up to perform the foxtrot to Nat King Cole's L-O-V-E on Saturday night.

Mark said of showing off his body: "The only time I did it, which was last week, left me in the dance off, so it can't be that good.

"I'm wearing a smart suit this week. So it's going to be a quite elegant look, which I prefer."

The 27-year-old TV presenter revealed he had turned down having his fake tan topped up before this week's show, but he has come to love the glitz and the glamour of ballroom dancing.

Mark said: "I didn't have a tan today actually, it was booked, but I didn't really want one."

He added: "The glamour's been funny. I didn't think I'd want any of the sparkles and sequins, but as the weeks have gone on I wanted more and more. I've really embraced it, so it's been great."

Mark feels everything is against him making it through this week after getting to the semi-finals along with favourites Pixie Lott, Frankie Bridge, Jake Wood, Caroline Flack and Simon Webbe.

Mark said: " Everyone is so good, the people that are left were all in the top five when it started and I was near the bottom when it started.

"So I've done well to be in the mix with this bunch, but I understand that everything is against me. I have nothing to lose.

"I would say I'm probably still behind them in natural talent and technique. But I give it a good shot and I try and improve every week, and I hope it's enough for tomorrow night."

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph