Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Michael Buble is 'inside a little bubble' as son battles cancer

Published 11/11/2016

Michael Buble
Michael Buble

Michael Buble is "feeling the love from millions of people" in the wake of his three-year-old son Noah's cancer diagnosis, his friend David Foster has revealed.

Michael Buble "won't sing again until his child is well", longtime friend David Foster has revealed.

The singer and his wife Luisana Lopilato confirmed last week (ends06Nov16) that their three-year-old son Noah is battling cancer, with a statement saying they would be "putting their careers on hold" while their little boy received treatment for the disease.

And speaking on Thursday night (10Nov16) to Entertainment Tonight Canada, Michael's close pal David spoke about how the family is coping in the wake of the devastating diagnosis.

"He will not sing again until his child is well. I’m certain of it," David told the outlet, adding, "He’s a good man. He’s got a lot of good karma coming his way. He’s done a lot of good to a lot of people."

After revealing Noah's cancer battle, Michael pulled out of performing at the BBC Music Awards on 12 December. He has also been silent on social media while he and Luisana concentrate on helping Noah cope with his illness.

"Right now (Michael) is in a huge bubble, as you would expect," David continued. "When this happens, everything shuts down around you. You go inside your little bubble and I don’t think he’s looking at social media. I’m sure he feels the love from millions of people."

Noah's aunt Daniela reportedly revealed to an Argentinian magazine, Gente, that he battling liver cancer. According to reports, doctors have given him a 90 per cent chance of beating the disease, and David is confident he will get through the upcoming chemotherapy.

“He’s in good shape. He’s got good doctors around him,” David said. “We will hope and pray for a good outcome, which I believe that they will have."

© Cover Media

Online Editors

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph