Miley concert banned in Dominican Republic
Miley Cyrus’ forthcoming September concert in the Caribbean country has been banned by officials.
The 21-year-old singer is currently entertaining fans on her international Bangerz Tour, which recently wrapped up shows in North America.
She is next scheduled to play in the Caribbean, but according to Access Hollywood, Miley’s September 13 performance in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic has been cancelled by national officials.
The outlet reports the country’s National Commission for Public Entertainment won’t authorise her performance because it finds her concerts too lewd.
In a statement released Thursday, the government entity stated Miley “undertakes acts that go against morals and customs, which are punishable by Dominican law”.
According to Hollywood.com, the official letter goes on to say that while onstage the Wrecking Ball songstress wears inappropriate costumes in addition to using language that alludes to “crime… and denigrating acts before civilised culture”.
At press time, Miley has yet to comment on the cancellation.
The star was forced to cancel several dates of her Bangerz world tour earlier this year after she suffered a violent allergic reaction to some medication she was prescribed, resulting in her being hospitalised for days.
But a she made a huge comeback in May at a show in London and an alleged concertgoer informed MailOnline at the time her onstage antics didn’t disappoint.
"[She was] drinking water and spitting it on the crowd," the insider said.
"She got loads of same sex people to snog in the audience and put them on camera on a giant screen and make a speech about how we should all just 'be ourselves'.
"She said she 'hopes we are all drunk and on loads of pills', and at one point her dressers had to come on stage as her corset was undone while humping midgets."
© Cover Media