Nadiya Hussain: 'I'm not working with Mel and Sue on anything... yet!'
Nadiya Hussain is hoping to marry husband Abdal all over again in a U.K. ceremony, having previously only had an arranged wedding in Pakistan.
Nadiya Hussain has denied claims she's working on a new show with The Great British Bake Off hosts Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins.
The 32-year-old baker, who won the 2015 series of Bake Off, had been tipped to team up with the duo for a new programme on the BBC, after the network lost the rights to the much-loved series to Channel 4.
However, during an interview on ITV's This Morning on Thursday (12Jan17), Nadiya insisted she has yet to sign up for such a spin-off.
“That’s a fantastic idea. I would love to work with Mel and Sue and if I was I’d say ‘yes I am’ but I’m not," she said. "Has there been a phone call? No, there hasn’t, nothing. Honestly, I would tell you if I did, but the idea is fantastic. I’d love to do something with them."
The rumours were fuelled when BBC director of content Charlotte Moore said in a statement: “There will be more news on what Mary Berry, Mel and Sue and Nadiya are doing next. Watch this space – some exciting news to come."
But Nadiya added: "I think that might’ve meant that we’re all doing separate things."
Nadiya has enjoyed huge success since she won The Great British Bake Off, with her own programme for the BBC, The Chronicles of Nadiya, and several books. She also recently signed a deal with the network to front segments on The One Show.
Nadiya's personal life is equally enjoyable, with the domestic goddess revealing she is planning a second wedding to husband Abdal in the U.K., having previously only had an arranged marriage ceremony in Pakistan.
"I went on looks, but he’s lovely and it worked, and I’m lucky," she said. "But I want to do it again, have a proper British wedding, have a good old time, wear a dress, have a cake that I didn’t bake.
“I want someone to go to all that effort for me, and a dress I get to choose.”
© Cover Media
Belfast Telegraph Digital