Naomi Campbell testimony delayed?
Naomi Campbell's testimony in the war crimes trial of former Liberian president Charles Taylor could be delayed.
The model is due to appear in court on Thursday - but Taylor's lawyer is attempting to postpone the testimony, saying the prosecution failed to disclose exactly what she is expected to say, preventing him from preparing his cross examination.
Prosecutors say Campbell, 40, has refused to talk to them, and is being forced to appear under a subpoena.
They intend to ask her about information that she received diamonds from Taylor after a dinner party in South Africa in 1997. But they have little other information.
Campbell's evidence has already been delayed once and she initially refused to participate in the trial. She has enlisted the services of Lord Macdonald, the former director of public prosecutions, who last week filed a motion for "protective measures".
Taylor denies 11 counts of war crimes and crimes against humanity, including murder, rape and conscripting child soldiers.
Campbell was issued with a subpoena to attend court after actress Mia Farrow and the model's former agent Carole White said the supermodel received a rough diamond from Taylor in 1997.
In a written statement to the court, Farrow said: "The next morning when the other guests, my children and I met for breakfast, Naomi Campbell was there and had an unforgettable story. She told us she had been awakened in the night by knocking at her door. She opened the door to find two or three men - I do not recall how many - who presented her with a large diamond which they said was from Charles Taylor."
Taylor has told the court he never carried, owned, sold or traded diamonds for weapons. He described Farrow's story as "totally incorrect".
Farrow and White are due to give evidence on August 9.