Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Niall Horan confirms One Direction break

Published 25/08/2015

Niall Horan has assured fans his band One Direction is “not splitting up”.

The 21-year-old star sings alongside Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles and Liam Payne in the British-Irish boyband.

Fans’ hearts were broken over the weekend when speculation emerged One Direction is going on hiatus in 2016, but Niall has assured Directioners there is nothing to fret over.

“Ok so Lots of rumours going round. We are not splitting up, but we will be taking a well earned break at some point next year (sic),” he wrote on Twitter Monday. “Don't worry though, we still have lots we want to achieve ! Can't wait for you to hear all the new music we have for you and to perform Some new songs as the tor continues! Love you all xx *tour I should say.”

Zayn Malik departed from One Direction in March to pursue his solo career, leading other people to believe the remaining members of the group are intent on doing the same.

But apparently the only reason why the boys desire a break is because they’ve been touring and creating music non-stop for half a decade.

“The guys have been together for five years, which is an incredible run for any boyband. They fully deserve to have at least a year to work on their own projects. There is absolutely no bad blood between them and they are all 100 per cent behind the decision,” a source told UK newspaper The Sun previously.

One Direction are currently performing shows worldwide as part of their On the Road Again Tour and they are also working on their fifth studio album. Should the boys go on break in 2016, it’s unlikely they’ll have an accompanying concert series for their new LP, as the offering is said to be reaching shelves around Christmastime.

© Cover Media

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph