Nicollette Sheridan 'has bombshell witness'
Nicollette Sheridan's lawyers plan to produce bombshell evidence in their quest to prove their case.
The former Desperate Housewives star is suing the show's creator Marc Cherry and television network ABC claiming she was wrongfully terminated and that Marc assaulted her.
In court today, the actress's legal team told the judge that they planned to submit a voicemail from an employee on the show claiming that he was accidentally copied in on an email with damaging evidence.
The message allegedly contained material telling executives that all communications relating to Nicollette's character Edie Britt being killed off has been wiped off of computers.
The unnamed staff member will be called to the stand on Tuesday to submit evidence which the attorneys said would show there was "definitely a conspiracy to cover up correspondence."
ABC lawyers responded to the motion by telling Judge Elizabeth Allen White that they had no prior knowledge about the voicemail in question or any email.
Today's twist could have come directly from one of the scripts for the Wisteria Lane based drama as the trial enters its second week of testimony.
Nicollette wants $6 million in damages after claiming she was hit over the head by Marc and then was fired in February 2009 after she complained about the incident which had taken place five months prior.
Marc said that he had only "tapped" Nicollette with his fingers and that the decision to kill off the character had been made way before the alleged assault.
While an ABC executive claims the decision was made four months before the alleged incident, a former show writer testified last week that it wasn't until three months after.
© Cover Media