Osbourne injured in house fire
Ozzy Osbourne was injured in a fire at his Beverly Hills, California home on Thursday morning.
The 64-year-old rocker singed his hair and injured his hand while trying to put out the blaze, his wife Sharon said on Thursday.
The local fire department was called to the residence at approximately 4:25a.m. after the couple fell asleep before extinguishing a candle which exploded in its glass vase and sparked a small fire in their living room.
Firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze before it caused significant damage.
Ozzy's hand was bandaged after the rocker underwent surgery on Wednesday. He suffered further injury to the appendage while fighting the fire before help arrived.
Sharon recalled the incident on her US chat show The Talk on Thursday.
"At five o' clock (in the morning), I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that's what it sounded like, so I didn't pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up, (I thought), 'Something's weird smelling in here,'" she said.
Sharon went downstairs after her dogs started to bark and saw the blaze erupting. Ozzy came down to help her put it out and now his eyebrows and the front of his hair from his ears down are gone.
She offered an apology to her husband on air, thanked the fire department and vowed to never light a candle in their home again.
"He made his hand worse, it started to bleed, the whole nine yards, and I'm sorry and I love you and I will never light a candle again," she said.
Sharon also warned candle lovers to be careful and not make the same mistakes.
© Cover Media