Paul Hollywood 'excited' about The Great British Bake Off line-up
Paul Hollywood has "nothing but respect for" his new judging partner Prue Leith.
Paul Hollywood is excited about the "perfect" new line-up for The Great British Bake Off.
The celebrity chef, who has been a judge on the baking competition since 2010, was the only member of the BBC line-up to move with the show when it was bought by Channel 4 in a competitive bidding war.
It was revealed last week (ends19Mar17) that Prue Leith will join him as judge, replacing Mary Berry, and Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig would serve as hosts following on from Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins.
The new line-up sparked outrage on social media but Paul has now given it his backing, describing the new presenters as "perfect".
"I'm really excited to be honest. I'm really excited, I mean really excited," he said during an appearance on U.K panel show Loose Women on Monday (20Mar17).
"Obviously it's a big thing for the country, the Bake Off. When I heard the names read out, I was the same as everybody else, I was really excited."
Paul also revealed he only knew that Prue had been hired, not the others, and they've already had a meeting, which left him feeling confident about their onscreen chemistry.
"We've actually met and had a chat, there's something there," he said. "In fact, she reminds me so much of my mother-in-law, in a fantastic way. I think we're going to get on like a house on fire."
The 51-year-old is due to have a low-key meeting with Noel and Sandi very soon but joked it has to be "on the moon" so details about it can remain a secret.
Reflecting on the line-up, he added, "I think the whole dynamic of it, when I sat down and thought about it, I'm a big fan of Noel as well and Sandi actually and Prue. Prue, obviously she's got this huge professional background, working in London for years. I've got nothing but respect for Prue."
© Cover Media
Belfast Telegraph Digital