Peaches Geldof ‘visited drug clinic’
Peaches Geldof allegedly took trips to a drug rehab clinic in the weeks leading up to her death.
The 25-year-old TV star was found dead at the home she shared with her husband Tom Cohen and their two sons last month. An autopsy proved inconclusive but yesterday an inquest heard that heroin likely played a part in her passing.
It’s now been claimed that Peaches was seen at a drug rehab centre near her home in Wrotham, Kent, on several occasions and was allegedly collection methadone – which helps heroin addicts kick the drug.
“We were on first name terms but I called her ‘P’. I last saw her a couple of weeks ago. She was fine, but furtive,” a source who claims to have met Peaches at the centre told British newspaper The Sun.
“She used to wear a hoodie to disguise herself. The first time I saw her I thought I recognised her and we just chatted about a few things. I said, ‘I recognise you from somewhere’ and she told me her name was Peaches. That was when it clicked - Peaches Geldof.
“She said, ‘You’d better not say anything to anybody’. She didn’t want her husband finding out.”
The insider alleges Peaches would go to the centre weekly. She is said to have kept the visits “top secret” and reportedly said Tom would not understand if he knew.
Peaches is known to have experimented with drugs in the past however she was thought to have got back on track following her marriage to Tom and the birth of their sons Astala, two, and one-year-old Phaedra.
Yesterday the inquest into her death was opened and adjourned, with a new date set for July.
It was Tom who found his wife’s body at their home. The pair had been staying in different places and when he couldn’t get in touch with Peaches he and his mother went to the property. He found Peaches slumped over in a spare bedroom and emergency services were quickly called.
“We can confirm an on-going investigation into the supply of drugs in connection with the death of Peaches Geldof,” a police spokesperson said.
Peaches’ passing echoes that of her mother Paula Yates, who died of an accidental heroin overdose when Peaches was 11.
© Cover Media