Private memorial planned for Tony Scott
Tony Scott will be "honoured" at a "private, family ceremony" this weekend.
The film director jumped to his death from the Vincent Thomas Bridge in California on Sunday.
Scott's family released their first statement since his passing this week, revealing plans to pay tribute to the acclaimed filmmaker.
"Tony Scott will be honoured at a private, family only ceremony this weekend in Los Angeles," the statement read.
"The family will announce plans after Labor Day for a gathering to celebrate the life and work of Mr. Scott. Details will be forthcoming once they are formalised."
Since Scott's tragic death, tributes have poured in from many stars in the film industry. Top Gun actor Tom Cruise revealed his sadness at the loss of his friend and collaborator.
"Tony was my dear friend, and I will really miss him," Tom said in a statement. "He was a creative visionary whose mark on film is immeasurable."
Scott is survived by his two children and wife Donna.
There has been speculation as to why Scott decided to end his life, with reports earlier this week claiming that he was suffering from inoperable brain cancer. However, Los Angeles County Coroner's chief investigator Craig Harvey confirmed that the director's family told investigators that the information was "incorrect".
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ed Winter - assistant chief of investigation for the coroner's office - says they "do not yet know if Scott was ill".
© Cover Media