Reality TV star accused of rapes
Published 13/08/2012 | 14:52
Former I'm A Celebrity contestant Aggro Santos raped two girls, one aged just 16, when he took them back to his hotel room after performing at gigs, a court has heard.
The 23-year-old Brazilian-born rapper is accused of forcing one of the victims to have sex with him after he performed at the opening of Club Soho in Yeovil, Somerset, in September 2010.
He is then accused of raping a 16-year-old girl last year after the University of Chichester summer ball while friend and co-defendant Tyrelle Ritchie forced her to perform oral sex on him.
Chichester Crown Court was told that in the Yeovil incident the victim and a friend had gone to the club opening to see Santos perform.
In a video-taped interview, she described how they were invited back to the Yeovil Court Hotel where she had consensual sex with Santos' manager while her friend went to another room with the rapper.
She said that after she mocked Santos about his manager having greater success with women, he swore at her before pushing her on to the bed and raping her in front of the friend and manager.
In the second incident, on May 7 last year, Santos had performed at the university's summer ball when his crew invited the victim, her sister and two friends to a backstage room for drinks and then to an after-show party at the Ship Hotel.
Isobel Ascherson, prosecuting said the 16-year-old then had consensual sex with Santos in his hotel bathroom while her sister had consensual sex with 21-year-old Ritchie in another room. She said the victim then accused Santos of forcing her to have sex for a second time at the same time as Ritchie forced her to perform oral sex on him.
Santos, who is charged under his real name Yuri Santos, denies two counts of rape. Ritchie denies one count of oral rape.