Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Richard E Grant's garden on fire

Published 01/05/2013

Richard E Grant had to call the fire brigade
Richard E Grant had to call the fire brigade

Firefighters were called to the home of actor Richard E Grant after sparks from builders working nearby set fire to his conifers.

The Withnail and I star wrote on Twitter: "Flat roofer's blow torch set conifers on fire and 999 heroic fire brigade arrived pronto presto and have just put it out. Nerves shredded. Pheeeew.

"Merciful thanks for a windless day and fire brigade's emergency response otherwise firemen reckoned my garage & house would have been toast."

Grant then took to the microblogging site to have a moan about the inconvenience the incident had caused to him.

"This being the 21st century there is no apology or taking responsibility. It's always someone else's or something's fault. Drives me balmy," he wrote.

"No prizes for guessing who I would like to blowtorch right now!! And still got to pay the f******!!

A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said five firefighters attended the incident in Richmond, south west London, just before 10.30am and quickly extinguished the blaze.

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph