Rihanna has obtained a restraining order against a man accused of attempting to break into her Los Angeles home last week.
Steveland Barrow was arrested near the singer’s Los Angeles mansion on February 21.
According to TMZ, neighbours alerted the police after they saw someone snooping around the star's house.
The intruder reportedly thought he was entering Rihanna’s property but mistakenly entered a neighbour’s home. He was apprehended by a civilian until law enforcement arrived to the scene.
The 25-year-old star took swift action and filed legal documents claiming she feared for her safety.
The website reports a judge has issued a temporary restraining order that will prevent Steveland from coming within 100 yards of Rihanna or her home.
Her lawyer told TMZ the alleged intruder has been released from custody.
Earlier reports detailed how the suspect claimed he had been given instructions by email, detailing how to get into Rihanna's residence.
He is said to have slept in a bed he believed to be hers and stole property.
Rihanna is not thought to have been at home at the time of the incident.
It isn’t the first attempt at a break-in at one of the singer’s homes.
Rihanna was apparently subjected to another forced entry last December, when a fan attempted to enter her Barbados holiday villa.
According to British newspaper The Sun, the intruder made his way into the property but security were quick to spot the fan and ushered him away.
© Cover Media