Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Sandra Bullock obtains restraining order against stalker

The actress was home alone during the scary break-in.

Sandra Bullock has obtained a restraining order against a man who broke into her Los Angeles home in 2014 amid concerns he was planning to sexually assault the actress.

Joshua Corbett was arrested after the scared The Blind Side star hid in her closet and called the police, and he was charged with felony residential burglary, stalking, and possession of a machine gun.

Corbett, who climbed a fence to gain access to Bullock's property before dawn, was carrying photos of the actress and a letter he had written to her. He was not armed but detectives found an array of illegal weapons at his converted garage home.

He pleaded no contest to one count each of stalking and first-degree residential burglary last month (May17), and was sentenced to five years probation, while the judge also ordered Corbett to continue treatment at a mental health facility, and told him to stay away from the Oscar winner and her family for 10 years.

However, it appears the ruling was too lenient for Bullock's liking, and on Friday (09Jun17), her lawyer Ed McPherson obtained a temporary restraining order against Corbett.

In his filing, McPherson claimed the intruder was also found to be carrying a notebook during the break-in, which allegedly detailed his intentions to attack Bullock, and featured descriptions of lurid sex acts, according to TMZ.com.

Bullock, who is mother to two adopted children, has extra reason to be concerned as Corbett is said to suffer from bipolar schizophrenia.

The actress, 52, was home alone at the time of the break-in three years ago.

© Cover Media

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph