Scissor Sisters' Ana Matronic set for TEDxStormont Women event
Scissor Sisters star Ana Matronic is set to speak at the TEDxStormont Women event taking place at Parliament Buildings in Belfast later this year.
The singer will be speaking about her love of robotics, which she has written about in her book ‘Robot Takeover’.
The book looks at 100 of the most iconic robots from popular culture and also explores robots in music, art and fashion.
The third in the series of TEDxStormont Women events will focus on the theme of ‘Bridges’ and will bring some of the highest profile speakers from varied backgrounds such as journalism, music, business and the arts, to Belfast.
Twelve speakers in total are lined up to take part with over 250 guests expected to attend on the evening.
During the event, speakers will have 12 minutes or less to share their ideas about the ways in which we build bridges, traverse them, and sometimes even burn them, for better or worse.
Other speakers announced so far include:
- Elizabeth Filippouli, Founder & CEO, Global Thinkers Forum
- June Burgess, Property developer, leadership coach and international equestrian
- Maxine Mawhinney, International Journalist and Broadcaster
- Jayne Gallagher, Managing Director, Legal-Island
- Rosemary Jenkinson, Writer, Artist-in-Residence, Lyric Belfast
- Clare Mulley, Award-winning author, historian of women and war
- Vanessa Woolf, Professional storyteller
- Lyra McKee, Freelance journalist, writer, editor
- Naomh McElhatton, Digital educator
TEDxStormont Women will take place on November 2 and will be compered by former broadcaster Sarah Travers.
Belfast Telegraph Digital