Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Scott Weiland died from accidental overdose

Published 18/12/2015

Scott Weiland
Scott Weiland

Narcotics were indeed involved in Scott Weiland's demise.

Tragic rocker Scott Weiland died from an accidental overdose of cocaine, methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA) and alcohol, according to the official coroner's report.

The former Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver frontman's body was found on his tour bus shortly before a scheduled concert in Bloomington, Minnesota on 3 December (15).

Initial reports suggested Weiland passed away from a cardiac arrest, but the Hennepin County Medical Examiner has since declared his cause of death was drug-related.

The coroner lists "multi-substance dependence" as a factor in his death, while he also suffered from "significant" heart disease and asthma.

Police found Xanax, sleeping pills, Viagra and medication used to treat his bipolar disorder on the tour bus and in the singer's bedroom, but those drugs did not contribute to his passing.

"The above named individual died of mixed drug toxicity," a statement from the Hennepin Medical Examiner reads. "Cocaine, ethanol and Methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA)."

Weiland was laid to rest in Los Angeles last week (ends11Dec15).

© Cover Media

Online Editors

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph