Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Sheeran announces TV special

Published 24/07/2015

Ed Sheeran
Ed Sheeran

Ed Sheeran thought the prospect of performing at Wembley Stadium was “out of reach”, but is thrilled a new TV special will give all his fans chance to watch the concert footage.

The 24-year-old singer sold out three nights at the iconic London landmark earlier this month.

And now he’s thrilled that any fans who missed out on their chance to see his performance at Wembley will be able to watch it when NBC air a TV special of the concerts.

“I can’t say that performing at Wembley Stadium was a ’dream come true,’ because I honestly thought it was out of reach and didn’t think it was possible,” Ed said in a statement announcing the special, which will air on August 16.

“It really doesn’t get any bigger than Wembley in my mind, and it was an honour to join the select few that have headlined there. It’s definitely a personal milestone, and I’m so glad to share this special moment with all of my fans.”

As well as being treated to live renditions of some of Ed’s most famous tracks, the Wembley audience were also surprised by a guest appearance from Sir Elton John on July 10.

The legendary singer joined Ed to perform his famous hit Don’t Go Breaking My Heart and Ed’s Afire Love.

Another bonus of Ed’s TV special is that his fans will only be able to watch his concert – and not smell it.

The redheaded singer revealed in a video interview that he passes wind on stage “all the time”.

On one occasion, his bottom exhalation went a bit too far and he ended up having a messy accident when some faeces accidently slipped out – an error known colloquially as a “shart”.

“I actually once misjudged a fart onstage, which ended up being a shart,” he told Australian radio station Nova FM. “It was like midway through a performance, and I was kind of really lively, and halfway through, I was like, I’m just going to stand still for the rest of this performance and hope it’s over soon.”

© Cover Media

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting?

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph