Smith: I wasn’t at Bieber bash
Published 26/04/2013 | 10:31
Jaden Smith says he did not ruin Justin Bieber’s 19th birthday because he didn’t even attend.
The 14-year-old actor had been widely reported as a reason Justin and his friends were thrown out of a London nightclub due to being underage.
But now, Will Smith’s son says he decided not to attend the party, held at Cirque Du Soir on March 1.
“The funny thing is, I could have gone, and I didn’t feel like it - that’s not my vibe,” Jaden told the May issue of Nylon magazine.
“I knew something was going to happen… even though I didn’t do anything.”
Justin famously tweeted that the evening was “the worst birthday ever”.
Instead of attending the party, Jaden claims he was at a Kanye West concert in another part of town.
However, according to Radar, the concert ended on Friday night, and Justin and his entourage reportedly didn’t arrive at the nightclub until around 1.40am on Saturday.
Jaden was also photographed at around 3am the same day at a London McDonald’s, grabbing late night snacks with Justin and his friends.
Justin was later forced to deny he had been trying to sneak the teenage actor into the party.
“U think Will Smith is letting his 14 year old in a club, I don’t think so,” he wrote on his Instagram account after the controversy.
“I love how the club wanted to give the press another reason to why we didn’t stay at their weak a*s club so they wouldn’t look bad for me walking in and right back out.. [sic].”
© Cover Media