Stallone opens up about son's death
Sylvester Stallone has called for an end to "speculation and questionable reporting" following the death of his son.
The Hollywood star's 36-year-old son Sage Stallone - his child with his first wife Sasha Czack - died last week and so far the cause of death isn't known.
Expendables star Sly opened up about his loss to TMZ.com, saying that when a parent loses a child "there is no greater pain".
"Therefore I am imploring people to respect my talented son's memory and feel compassion for his loving mother Sasha," he added.
The 66-year-old actor continued: "This agonising loss will be felt for the rest of our lives.
"Sage was our first child and the centre of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory and soul left in peace."
Sage was found unresponsive in his Los Angeles home on Friday by an employee and a relative. Police arrived and confirmed he was dead, Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter said.
No suicide note was found, Winter said, though prescription bottles were recovered from the home on Mulholland Drive. Winter could not say what kind of medication bottles or how many, and whether they had a role in the death.
He said an autopsy would be performed, but establishing a cause of death is likely to take several weeks while toxicology tests are performed.
Sage Stallone made his acting debut in 1990's Rocky V and also appeared with his father in 1996's Daylight. He directed the 2006 short Vic, which was screened at the Palm Springs Film Festival.