Freddie Starr's lawyer has said the comedian is hopeful he will soon be able to clear his name after being investigated for alleged sexual offences.
Starr, 70, was due to answer bail today after he was first arrested in November as part of Operation Yewtree, the investigation sparked in the wake of the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal.
The performer was re-arrested in April under additional allegations, and Scotland Yard re-bailed him until August 28 and he was not required to attend a police station.
Starr's lawyer Dean Dunham said: "Mr Starr was due to answer bail today, Wednesday June 19. However, the police have decided to re-bail him to August 28 and in the circumstances he was not required to attend the police station today.
"Mr Starr has maintained his innocence throughout and has assisted the police with their inquiries at all times.
"We are hopeful that the police inquiries are drawing close to a conclusion at which time Mr Starr will be able to confirm that he has publicly cleared his good name and reputation."
Operation Yewtree has been run in three strands - allegations against Savile, those against Savile and others, and those against others.
Starr was originally arrested under the "Savile and others" strand, but the re-arrest was not linked to the disgraced DJ. He has consistently denied all the allegations against him.
So far 13 people have been arrested under Operation Yewtree, of whom two have been charged and three told that they will face no further action. The remainder are on police bail.