Belfast Telegraph

Suge Knight ‘hospitalised for third time’

Suge Knight has fired the lawyers from his murder case.

The former rap mogul is currently behind bars after being accused of hitting two men with his truck, killing one, during an altercation on January 29 in the Los Angeles suburb of Compton, California. Knight has previously pled not guilty to the death of Terry Carter, 55, but during a hearing on Monday, the 49-year-old revealed that he had fired his lawyers and that he needed further medical attention away from his prison cell.

According to Fox News, Knight represented himself at the hearing and told the judge he had expelled the law firm of David Kenner from their duties. He added that he was going blind and was receiving “inadequate” medical treatment in custody, and after the session had finished, he was taken to hospital.

The former CEO of Death Row Records was previously hospitalised following his not guilty plea on February 3. Knight had reportedly suffered chest pains caused by a panic attack but he was released the next day back into custody.

As well as the deceased, Knight is accused of striking Cle 'Bone' Sloan, 51, during the incident. It's alleged Knight “aimed his car” at nemesis Sloan and accidentally ran over his friend Carter in the process.

On Monday Superior Court Judge James Brandlin transferred the case to a new judge, Ronald S. Coen, who said Knight was taken to the hospital before the case was called.

As well as his not guilty plea for murder, Knight has also entered the same response against charges of attempted murder and hit-and-run.

© Cover Media

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph