Belfast Telegraph

Tisdale ‘stalker’ hit with restraining order

Ashley Tisdale has won a permanent stay-away order from a man she claims sent her thousands of threatening messages via Twitter and has attempted to gain access to her home.

The 27-year-old former Disney star appeared in a Los Angeles courtroom Wednesday morning to ask that a stay-away order be placed against Nicholas Fiore.

TMZ reports Ashley told the judge she does not know the man personally and is concerned for her safety after he violated a temporary restraining order she had obtained against him.

"I know that he's been tweeting me and has come to my house several times,” she said.

The judge granted her request.

Fiore has reportedly been ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from the actress.

He has also been ordered to stay away from her boyfriend, Christopher French, and to refrain from having any contact with the pair.

The order will remain in place for at least three years.

It also bans Fiore from having a firearm.

Ashley stated in Los Angeles Superior court last month Fiore had sent her song lyrics that refer to guns via Twitter. She claimed at the time the man had sent her 18,000 messages on the micro-blog.

In the past he has visited her home uninvited on two occasions. He has also been accused of attempting to gain access to her property by pretending to work for a postal service.

Fiore was not in court during the latest hearing.

He remains in custody at Los Angeles’ Men’s Central Jail following his arrest for felony stalking.

© Cover Media

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph