Walters 'disappointed' about Lohan snub
Published 12/11/2012 | 19:30
Barbara Walters wishes she were offered "a more honest explanation" as to why Lindsay Lohan cancelled their interview.
The legendary American journalist and the Liz & Dick actress were scheduled for a discussion last week, but Lindsay bailed at the last minute.
Apparently Lindsay's camp wasn't comfortable with the line of questioning and Barbara is upset.
The star has now committed to interviewing with Jay Leno on November 20 instead, five days before Liz & Dick premieres.
"I have a few things to say about Lindsay Lohan. I like Lindsay Lohan very much. I've known her for years. She said whenever she did an interview, she'd do it with me," she said on TV talk show The View.
"[They said] Lindsay doesn't feel up to it. The punchline is, Lindsay Lohan is sitting for an interview with Jay Leno.
"If they'd said to me, 'You know Barbara, she's not ready for the kind of questions you might ask.' If they had told me that, I would not feel quite as disappointed as I do today. I wish I could have had a more honest explanation.
"I think to go on Jay Leno and be adorable and amusing, there's still all the problems. It would have been a wonderful interview. She could have set a lot of things straight. I think [my interview] could have helped her."
© Cover Media