Belfast Telegraph

UK Website Of The Year

Worthington ‘settles pap lawsuit’

Published 04/09/2015

Lara Bingle and Sam Worthington
Lara Bingle and Sam Worthington

Sam Worthington has supposedly put an end to $10 million legal proceedings stemming from his 2014 street fight with a paparazzo.

The 39-year-old Avatar actor punched photographer Sheng Li in the face last year while walking through New York City after the paparazzo allegedly kicked Sam’s wife Lara Bingle.

And according to PageSix, Worthington has agreed to settle the case. Li sued the couple for $10 million, claiming he was “viciously assaulted and battered” by the stars "without any just cause or provocation" in the middle of a Manhattan street on February 23, 2014.

It is unknown whether Li received a sum totalling the amount he asked the courts for, as the settlement terms agreed to with Worthington remain undisclosed.

Worthington was arrested for assault after the street altercation with Li, but the star was eventually released on a desk ticket. Li also faced charges of reckless endangerment, assault and harassment. But ultimately all charges were dropped against both parties.

With the criminal case behind them, Worthington and Bingle can now enjoy their son Rocket, who was welcomed into the world in March 2015.

While their public legal battle grabbed headlines, the pair have been celebrating major personal milestones behind closed doors for several months now.

A source informed WHO the couple tied the knot in front of a handful of loved ones in December 2014 somewhere in tropical paradise.

“They married between Christmas and New Year in a very intimate ceremony,” the insider told the publication. “They wanted it to be small and simple.”

It’s believed Sam and Lara were smitten with each other from the very beginning of their romance.

“They're inseparable," a source previously told Us Weekly magazine. "They've been making steps in their relationship but he's an extremely private guy.”

© Cover Media

Your Comments

COMMENT RULES: Comments that are judged to be defamatory, abusive or in bad taste are not acceptable and contributors who consistently fall below certain criteria will be permanently blacklisted. The moderator will not enter into debate with individual contributors and the moderator’s decision is final. It is Belfast Telegraph policy to close comments on court cases, tribunals and active legal investigations. We may also close comments on articles which are being targeted for abuse. Problems with commenting? customercare@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Read More

From Belfast Telegraph